SolusIO – Simplified Virtual Infrastructure Management
SolusIO is a virtual infrastructure management solution that facilitates choice, simplicity, and performance for ISPs and enterprises. Offer blazing fast, on-demand VMs, a simple API, and an easy-to-use self-service control panel for your customers to unleash your full potential for growth. SolusIO can allow the service provider, to offer a self-service platform similar to well-known virtualization services like DigitalOcean, Vultr, Hetzner Cloud, and others.
- VIRTUALIZE – Manage virtual machines from one central point.
- CREATE – Setup your configuration using cloud-init and deployment tools.
- DEPLOY – Deploy and speed up your projects in a matter of seconds.
- SCALE – Scale your infrastructure with our simple and intuitive API.
You, as the administrator, can use SolusIO in two ways:
- Sell servers and their management software (SolusIO customer interface) to end customers.
- Deploy and manage servers internally, within your organization.
All you need is the server infrastructure: the management server and the hypervisors. Install SolusIO on the management server and enjoy the following features:
- Intuitive, visually appealing, and customizable interface (create your own frontend styles and operating system templates)
- KVM virtualization
- A choice of operating systems: CentOS, Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu, Windows.
- Ability to add your own OS images that can contain any OS (apart from those mentioned above) unless the image uses Cloud-Init or CloudBase-Init
- Integration using a full-featured RESTful API: all features available in the graphical user interface are also available via the RESTful API
- The RESTful API documentation comes together with SolusIO and is available for end customers
- Integration with popular billing systems (WHMCS, Blesta, Hostbill, and others)
- Hourly billing system
- Data protection: your server infrastructure is automatically secured with a free SSL/TLS certificate from Let’s Encrypt.
- Configurable balancing (for new servers deployed within the same location and for storage spaces used as servers’ disks)
- Scalable storage management. To avoid “single point of failure”, you can add multiple separate storage points instead of a single big one.
Installation and Logging In
- OS – CentOS 7/CentOS 8/CentOS Stream/Ubuntu 18/Debian 10
- CPU – Minimum 4 cores/8 threads
- RAM – Minimum 4 GB
- Free disk space – Minimum 10 GB
- Allowed connections to ports – TCP 80 and TCP 443, TCP 5671, TCP 5781
1. Access the management server command line via SSH.
2. Download the SolusIO installer script:
# curl https://install.solus.io/latest -o installer
3. Enable execution mode for the downloaded script:
# chmod +x ./installer
4. Launch the interactive installer in the command line:
5. Read the end-user license agreement and then enter
1 to accept it.
6. Provide your email address. It will be used as your SolusIO login.
7. Provide the resolvable hostname or IP address of your management server.
The installation will start. Once it is finished, you will see your login, generated password, and login links. You can now log in to SolusIO.
To log in to SolusIO for the first time:
- Go to a one-time login link generated and shown after the installation is complete.
- You will be taken right to the SolusIO administrator interface.
To log in to SolusIO later on:
- Go to
- Provide your email address specified during the installation (it will be now used as your login) and password generated and shown at the end of the installation.
- Click Log In.